In the south of Wismar, just a 10-minute walk from the market square, the Studio-Gallery Juergens is located.
The Gallery is open after a short reservation by phone or e-mail from 2pm to 7pm.
More than 70 buildings are attributed to him in Wismar. His work includes simple houses, villas and farmhouses as well as schools, department stores and factory buildings.
In 1906-1908 he built the ❯ headquarters for Rudolf Karstadt in Wismar and in 1912 the villa for himself and his family, in which the Studio-Gallery Juergens has been located since 2018. Today's Goethestrasse was called ❯ Fuerstengarten.
From 1910 to 1930 the painter ❯ Sella Hasse lived in the house opposite in № 7.
Since 1898, Johannes Busch had the Wismarer citizenship. Since 1902 he worked as a consultant for the city.
As a freelance architect, he secured his influence on urban construction through memberships in the homeowners' association and in the trade association.
In 1913 he became chairman of the citizens' committee. Later he worked as a city councilor and city council until 1916. In 1913-28 he was a member of the municipal Commission for the Conservation of the Cityscape.
He died in Wismar on June 15, 1953 and was also buried ❯ here.